JUNIOR /COACH JOB
• Arrive 15 minutes early in order to be prepared to Deliver a high-quality PE lesson to Primary /
Secondary children depending on experience and delivery of P.E.
• Prepare lesson plans and the equipment needed in advance of PE lessons.
• Carryout termly assessments for students and adapt lesson plans based upon the ability of the group.
• Assist in the supervision and organisation of students at break and lunch time, including the lining up
• inspirational sporting role model for our children
• Check emails daily and attend school staff meetings
• Be confident to provide classroom support and help individuals with their work.
• Work with teachers to mentor and set goals for individuals that need extra sessions (one on one or
• Provide a safe and engaging environment for young people to thrive.
• Use sport to develop and mentor young people in a positive way.
• Support the transition of young people from Primary to Secondary school.
• Work within a school environment, building a rapport with the students and creating strong
relationships with other members of staff.
• Confidently carry out a structured lesson to a class of 30 children
• Experience in working with children
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Computer literate and able to develop clear reports
• Self-motivated to work to deadlines as well as remain calm under pressure
• Good organisation skills, with an ability to maximise personal/team performance
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to manage and influence towards a positive outcome
Business Skills & Experience
• Level 1 in a sport or BTEC level 1 apprenticeship (or working towards)
• Willing to learn and be up to date with Child Safeguarding certificates
• Significant experience of working with children
• The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Committed to continuous professional development and seek opportunities to improve
• Be a role model to all staff and deliver on the company values both in & out of work
• Promote and deliver best practice at all times
• Working within Primary/Secondary school as a Sports Coach/ Mentor.
• Working with young people aged between 3 and 16 years.
• Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom.
• Supporting young people with their numeracy, literacy & ICT skills.
• Supporting young people with specific education needs (SEN).
• Be involved in creating displays and preparing resources.
• Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies.
• Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools.
• Be a positive role model.
• A passion for working with children.
• Relevant qualities including patience and communication.
• Ability to show professionalism at all times.
• Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff.
• Log in to your email and check them everyday
• Log on to deputy or any other system we use to log your hours.
• To attend all insets put on by the company unless in an event of an emergency or
appointment accompanied by letter.